Institute of the Environment Graduate Student Travel Awards
The semiannual Graduate Student Travel Awards Program provides funding for graduate students to travel to meetings, conferences, or symposia where they will present their research. All graduate students at The University of Arizona who are engaged in related interdisciplinary research are invited to apply. Awards will be offered each semester with a maximum individual award of $500. http://www.environment.arizona.edu/funding-opportunities/travel-awards
1. You must be a current UA student at the time of travel.
2. You must be engaged in related interdisciplinary research, which is defined as research that reflects the Institute of the Environment's mission and focus areas, and that involves at least two disciplines.
3. You are eligible to receive one travel grant per academic year.
4. You may apply as many times as desired.
5. You must travel during the original proposed travel dates.
6. If you receive an award you must submit a two-page summary within two weeks of completion of the travel describing how you benefited from attending this meeting.
1. Proposal cover sheet (found on our travel award webpage)
2. Two-page letter explaining why it is important to participate in the meeting,
4. Detailed budget with all anticipated costs. The maximum award will be $500. You should detail how the Travel Award will be augmented to facilitate your travel and how you will be covering other travel expenses,
5. Letter of recommendation from an affiliated faculty member.
Send proposals to (electronic submissions preferred):
Institute of the Environment
Attn: Lou Regalado
845 N Park Ave, Suite 532
PO Box 210158.02